Thursday 16 April 2015

Spring 2015

Spring is well and truly here and to celebrate this, Crown Studio Gallery has a bright new colourful window display crammed with artworks that reflect the season. 

Taking pride of place is my white paper sculpture peacock, guarding his Easter egg like a proud father. This sculpture was inspired by childhood visits to Barnard Castle's wonderful Bowes Museum,  in County Durham, where they have a silver automaton of a swan. I've enjoyed watching that exquisite bird, glide elegantly through its watery choreography for a lifetime. Perhaps I've spent a little TOO long watching it? But when I came to create my own version those hours of observation certainly helped. 

You can watch Mr Peacock shake his tail feathers here My Paper Sculpture Peacock shaking a tail feather! 

My paper sculpture  peacock in his natural habitat


Blooming Lovely- Acrylic on canvas by Imogen Skelley

Butterfly Arc Glass sculpture  by Gregg Anston-Race

Anodised jewellery printed with botanical images by Gillian Arnold


Glass dish by Gregg Anston-Race

 I've got a selection of vibrant floral paintings by up and coming painter Imogen Skelley, new fused glass by Gregg Anston-Race, anodised printed jewellery by Gillian Arnold plus resin and decoupage jewellery by Sarah Kelly. I've also got work by my regular artists... plus new pieces of my own acrylic landscapes.  
I hope you'll come and see us soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment